Friday, September 29, 2006

The bun in the oven

My sister is pregnant. At 23.

I'm in shock, my hands shake as I write this.

I don't know why I'm so upset/ shocked/ nervous/ anxious (insert any other applicable adjective. Insert the whole bloody thesaurus in here). I mean she IS married, it's not like she'll be a single mom or anything. She got married less than a year ago and although it's way (way) (WAY) too soon, I know they're both happy about it.

Calm down. Breathe deep. WHY am I so upset?!

They're happy. Ecstatic. She's excited.

I know I'm worried that she's not healthy enough to carry a baby; she's too thin, too young, too not-sure-what-she-wants-from-life. But I think my dismay stems from my own deep, dark, selfish reasons. The fact that I'm 25, no wedding bells on the horizon - not even close, and definitely no baby. I have a long way to go before I can catch up.

Life is changing way too friggin fast.

Stop the world God, I need a commercial break.

No comments: